Aermec Modular Chillers
Aermec Air-Cooled and Water-Cooled Modular Chillers
Our modular chillers are customized for each job. Contact us for specifications and more information:
Meeting Rigorous Codes and Standards
Aermec air-cooled and water-cooled modular chillers were designed for buildings seeking exemption from NYC Fire Code Chapter 6, Section FC 606. This code governs refrigerating systems that require operating engineers. Each 30-ton module utilizes two fully independent refrigeration circuits with compressor ratings <15 horsepower each, as required for the exemption.
Offering Many Benefits
Aermec’s air-cooled and water-cooled modular chillers provide an array of benefits, including:
- Grooved coupling connections allow for quick assembly.
- UL Listed and AHRI Certified to meet ASHRAE 90.1-2010 minimum efficiency levels.
- While servicing a single module, the parallel modules remain in service to allow for never-interrupted operation.
- The capacity of a chiller can easily be increased. Adding modules to an existing chiller is an easy, cost-effective way to boost capacity when needed.
- Extremely quiet operation provides a solution to sound-sensitive applications.
- The AHRI Certified chillers exceed all ASHRAE 90.1 code requirements for energy efficiency.
- Functionality and performance tests are conducted on each module in a climatic test chamber prior to leaving the factory to ensure peace of mind.
- Since multiple smaller modules are assembled together to create a larger chiller, adding redundancy to a building is as simple as adding one module. This saves valuable floor space and cuts costs.
Aermec NYB: Air-Cooled Modular Chiller Featuring Integrated Free-Cooling Option
The Aermec NYB is the industry’s first air-cooled modular chiller featuring integrated free-cooling. Utilizing micro-channel condenser coils, the NYB has a 40% lower charge of zero ODP R410A refrigerant than traditional-coil chillers. A desuperheater option allows for otherwise-rejected heat energy to be recycled for use in domestic water systems. This bolsters the energy efficiency of a building.
- Efficient and ecological: Optional integrated free-cooling coils allow an assembled chiller to have 100% free-cooling capacity without additional roof space needed.
- Optimized free-cooling operation: Partial free-cool operation is the optimized operation of a module utilizing both the free-cooling coils in conjunction with mechanical cooling. This allows free-cooling operation to start at higher ambient temperatures, thus increasing the energy-savings potential.
- Simple to maintain: Access from the ends of the unit enable in-row servicing.
- Advanced user-friendly control: User-friendly microprocessor controller enhances mechanical and free cooling.
Aermec WWM: Water-Cooled Modular Chiller
Designed with a footprint that maximizes installed capacity, the Aermec WWM water-cooled modular chiller features tremendous flexibility. The WWM was designed for the unique needs of New York City’s demanding buildings. It’s compact, flexible, simple to service, energy efficient and compliant with strict energy codes.
- Compact footprint: With a footprint half the size of its competition, the WWM fits through standard doors and into elevators.
- Maximized square footage: The small size frees up valuable square footage for building owners to use for profit-driving purposes.
- Ultimate flexibility: Many flexible installation and layout options exist, including back-to-back, side-to-side, top-to-bottom or any of these combinations.
- Streamlined maintenance: Servicing is easy, even in tight building interiors, since components are in a pull-out drawer.
- Never-interrupted operations: During servicing, the parallel modules can maintain full operations.
- Energy-code compliant: The AHRI Certified WWM exceeds all ASHRAE 90.1 energy-code requirements for energy efficiency.
Case Studies on Modular Chillers
Contact Us About Modular Chillers
We have all the modular chillers necessary for your commercial, industrial, office or multifamily job. Contact us for customization information and specifications.
LL97 Proposed Rules & the...
Energy Awareness Month & Energy Efficiency...
World Environment Day 2022: “Only One Earth”...
Earth Day 2022: Invest in Our Planet With...
World Water Day 2022: Groundwater Geothermal...
Indoor Air Quality: Why It’s Essential for...